Saturday, July 19, 2008

GUESS WHAT.....

Yes - you are reading right - Grant is going to be a BIG BROTHER! Brian and I are very happy to let you all know that we are expecting again - Baby Meidam #3 is on it's way. I had my first doctor appointment on Friday. We were not able to hear the heart beat because I was too early. Thankfully the doctor wanted to do an ultra sound to be certain of the due date - so we were able to see his/her little heart beating away at 167 beats per minute. I'm due February 27, 2009. Yes - you're right - that means I am still pretty early - 8 weeks.

This pregnancy again brings a lot of emotion. We couldn't feel more blessed to be expecting again and for Grant and this baby to have the opportunity to be close in age. However, every pregnancy will continue to bring about anxiety and worry until the baby is safely delivered and in our arms.

So far I do feel a bit better about this pregnancy than I did at this point with Grant - less anxiety this time anyway. It helps now that we have this beautiful little miracle in our lives - so we know it IS possible.

We do ask that you pray for this little one's full term pregnancy and safe arrival come February. We definately appreciate all of your prayers and support over these last 2 years of expanding the Meidam Family.

Thank you all for being such great family and friends. We are very, very blessed!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hello Meidams!

We are so happy for you! You are definitely are in our thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations and we hope to see you in the upcoming weeks.

Love,
Cassie, Jamie, and Seamus McDonald

Mrs. Isenbarger said...

Hooray for the expanding Meidam family! What wonderful news. That is so very exciting, and we're very happy for you! :) Looking forward to seeing you at the Alto Fair.

Hugs,
Annie, Tom, & Charlotte

The Steffen's said...

Wow! That's so exciting. We'll be praying for a wonderful pregnancy and delivery! Congratulations!