Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Grant!

It is so hard to believe one whole year has gone by already. Brian and I clearly remember today - one year ago - one of the happiest days of our lives - Grant's Birthday. He joined us at 10:44am, was 5lbs 14oz and 19 inches long. He was soooo tiny and we could hardly believe he was ours to keep. Now today, one year ago, we can't believe how fast everything has gone, how our lives have changed and what Grant has all accomplished in one year.
At first, eating seemed a bit rough - but Grant did finally become a good eater, sleeping through the night is now on a more often than not basis, crawling is a piece of cake, standing on his own is getting longer and longer and taking those steps is getting closer. We love his giggle - it makes us laugh and love to watch him learn. He is now repeating words like: apple, ball, mama, dada, ba. He can tell you what a sheep says - "ba" as we as a ducky "quack quack". He can also say "ba-bye". What would his "first word" be? I'm not sure. If you consider first word - what did he repeat first - "APPLE". But if it's what does he comprehend he is looking at and talking about....I would have to say "Ba". One day he looked at his little people sheep, held it up and said "ba ba". AND Yes - he is finally getting his first tooth!

Well - we should let Grant tell you about his "official" birthday:
I woke up this morning and Mommy sang Happy Birthday to me before I had my morning bottle. Then I woke up Daddy and he told me the same thing! Soooo...that is when I discovered that it was my "official" birthday. While getting ready for school - I found my presents and tried eating my card from Mommy and Daddy. I got to open one thing before school - it was a book about me and my first birthday - my picture was even in it.

Then before heading to school, mommy and daddy went to vote. I went along and we stood in line for over an hour! That was pretty boring for me - but I was good. Voting was at the park by my house so at least I got to go on the swings a few times while we waited in line.

Next I was off to school. I had a pretty good day. One of my teachers got me a balloon for my birthday - that was nice. I got to take it home with me.

When I got home, we had to eat dinner really quick. I had grilled cheese (one of my favorites), applesauce (one of my other favorites) and peaches. Then Mommy and Daddy said we were going SWIMMING! FUN! So - we went swimming for about 30 mins (b/c then I was cold).I was soooo tired I fell asleep in my carseat on the way home. I didn't even wake up when they carried me in the house. I slept all the way until 4:30 this morning when I was hungry. I ate dinner last night, but hadn't had my afternoon bottle at school OR my bottle before bed! I was so tired, I didn't even get to eat my last piece of cake or open the rest of my presents. I guess I get to do that tonight after my dr appt. I hope the dr appt goes fast!

No comments: