Wednesday, June 23, 2010

RAIN

Rain, Rain GO AWAY...Come Again Another Day - that is how Grant would sing it! I would say - come again another day, but not at 4am. I generally never wake up from thunderstorms - but for some reason this morning I did. Brian did too. He thought "something" just wasn't right and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get back to sleep. Brian got up and started checking the house...well - thankfully he did because our little buddy had rain dripping through is ceiling - right onto his bed! THANKFULLY - he didn't even wake up, but oh boy!
The roof over Grant's room is a flat roof. We've had an issue with this in the past, however assumed after replacing the roof last fall this problem would be fixed. Well - as it turns out -it wasn't. The roof itself didn't leak. However when the guy fixed the roof he told us to get a new storm door. Well - who takes an old storm door off before they have a replacement? That guy did and hence the reason we had water pouring into Grant's room this morning.
We ended up drilling holes in the ceiling to relieve some of the water pressure so it could all drain out quickly and emptied his entire closet with the exception of the very top shelf. So I currently have Grant's closet all over my kitchen and we are waiting for the little bit of carpet to dry out and tonight's rain to be done before we reload the closet. Tomorrow the new door will be put on - so this should NOT happen again.

Whew - what a way to start the day! Oh well - it could have been worse!
Here you can kinda see the water streaming through the holes

Our "catch" bucket

The gross looking water

The empty closet

The FULL Kitchen! :(

2 comments:

Kooyenga Family said...

You should smile with a kitchen like that! Looks like your going out for dinner!

Unknown said...

Oh no. You must be having major rain in WI. Everyone's having water problems! Yikes. Start building your ark. --Katie