Friday, December 17, 2010

Grant's 3 Year Dr Appt

I had my 3 yr dr appt a couple weeks ago. Guess what! When you're 3 you get to do cool things. Stand up tall on the big scale to be weighed - no more sitting on that cold baby scale (I even got to keep my clothes on!). I also was measured by standing up instead of laying down (this may have been a bad thing.) And they even took my blood pressure.

I'm sure you are wondering how big I am these days! WELL....I'm a WHOPPING 26 lbs and 35 1/4 inches tall. I'm still less than 5th percentil for weight - which the drs now seem to be fine with b/c that's just where I always am. We've done all the tests and everything says I'm fine. SO - we continue on with high calorie foods and carnation instant breakfast in my milk and well - I just get to wear my clothes longer than some of the other kids! As far as height goes, I'm in the 5th percentile. I used to measure about the 25th - however the doctor said not to worry. At the age 3 appt most kids height usually take a bit of a nose dive b/c it's the first time we have to stand to be measured. She said most kids don't really understand how to stand up nice and tall yet - so that was probably the case.
Anyway - I'm doing just fine! I had the rest of my flu vaccine and another shot. I was pretty tough, but cried a little bit. Those sure to sting!
The Dr said its time to start teaching me about stranger safety. So - we're working on it!

No comments: