Alayna's been doing great on the potty lately. Sunday (3-12) was our first day with no accidents all day - she even stayed dry for her nap in the afternoon. That is the only day we've had like that. Typically we have a least 1 accident at some point throughout the day.
We are slowly getting the hang of #2. It still seems a bit "scary" at times, but last night she conquered it like a charm. We'll see how things continue.
I'm doing things a bit different than with Grant. For the most part (unless we are about to leave the house or a bathroom is not going to be close by) if I ask Alayna if she has to go potty and she says no - I leave it at that. With Grant - I was convinced his bladder would give out after 30 mins :) - so was taking him even when he said he didn't have to go. That lead to no fun for both of us - so this time I'm just not going to do that. If she says no and 2 mins later has an accident - hopefully she will remember that the next time I ask her. She hates to be wet - so that is a good thing!
After Alayna goes potty she washes her hands, puts 2 stickers on her chart and tries to get "two gummies" out of me :) 1 gummy for #1 and 2 for #2 - usually she realizes she has to settle for only 1.
So proud of her for how she is doing! Hopefully things continue to go well!

No comments:
Post a Comment