Sunday, November 2, 2008

SOOO Many Firsts

Last week was my first Halloween. I was a bear! ROAR!!!!! I didn't go out trick-or-treating with mommy an daddy for candy, but we handed some out at our house. We did go at school. On Friday, I brought my costume and we all went on a stroller ride to a floor of the senior care center. They handed out candy to the bigger kids - but they just all liked to look at us in our cute costumes.

Saturday was a really exciting day. Daddy discovered I am getting my very first tooth! Can you believe it - 11mos and 3 weeks old and FINALLY - my first tooth! It is an upper eye tooth. I know - you are thinking - well that is a strange one to come in first. That's what I thought - but I will take what I can get :)
THEN...on Saturday afternoon, I had my FIRST Birthday Party! Mommy and Daddy kept telling me how much fun it was going to be - wow were they right! My whole family came - grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins and even a couple of my great-grandparents. It was great to see everyone!


So, it went a little something like this. Mommy and Daddy worked really hard to get our house in order and decorated for the party. Mommy came home right before the party with balloons - I love balloons! When my guests started to arrive - they brought me these things called presents! My cousins were here and they were really excited for the presents - I didn't know what that was all about yet.

I got a lot of nice presents - some toys, clothes and new jammies (which I need badly). Thank you all very much for getting me such nice things! Then I got to try cake for the first time! I wasn't too messy. I liked the frosting and the cake was good too. (I think I get another piece tomorrow.)

Guess what else I did at my party - in front of everyone EXCEPT my mommy. I took a step. It was just one, but I had never done that before. Over the past couple weeks I've been standing by myself without holding on to anything. Over the last few days I've started doing it for a longer period of time - 30-40 secs at a time. Well - I guess I was so excited at my party that I took a step forward...everyone cheered...so I sat down. Mommy missed it though - so she is a bit sad about it.

Tomorrow is my real birthday. At school, all the other kids in my class got balloons on their birthday - I hope I do too.

Don't forget to vote!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grant! It sounds like your year is off to a great start. We hope to see you soon.

Love,
The McDonalds