Friday, May 22, 2009

Officially Promoted

Well - today is it. As of 5:00 - it's official - I am a Stay-At-Home Mom! It's a crazy thought. I have really been looking forward to this day, but it does seem weird. I still have my computer and phone through work - only for a few more days -but once I send all of this "stuff" back I think it will seem more real. I spent yesterday cleaning out my office and got a good start on my storage closet. I have piles - "to donate", "to send to the office", etc. Once I get through all of this -I will feel better. Hopefully we are on our way to a somewhat organized basement.
We picked Grant up from his last day of school at 5:00. Strange how I cried when he had to go on his first day and now practically did the same thing on his last day. They made him a picture book to keep of his last few weeks with his friends. We know he was well taken care of and had lots of fun with all his friends there. He will miss them, but hopefully he will make some new friends. We hope to occasionally take walks to school to visit this summer.
A big thank-you to all Grant's teachers and to all the mommy's out there who invited me to the zoo these last two weeks - let's go next week - ok?


1 comment:

Laura Michna said...

Congratulations on your promotion, Shana!! Cute picture of you and Grant!