Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Cute Blog Updates"

So - once again I have been behind on blogging. I feel like that is a regular occurrence...maybe I just have a new "regular" and I'm really not behind. Anyway - I usually go about our week taking pics thinking "this will make a cute blog update"...and a week later realize I had about 6 "cute blog updates" that were never posted. So - here we are with some "cute blog updates" - ha!
Alayna - liking the vacuum!
Alayna eating her first cracker - 10-18-09 She is still mostly babyfood - 2nd stage - but now also has expanded her diet to include cheerios, puffs, crackers and toast (sometimes - she often gathers too much in her mouth and starts to gag). Some good "outside weather" again. Thank goodness for one more swing ride and sandbox sit!

It was Grant's last week of tumbling. A 5 week course through the rec dept. Daddy and Grant went to this together and each class was 30 min. Grant's favorite part of the class and what he improved the most on throughout the 5 weeks - the BIG trampoline (not the one in the above picture - but the pics of that one didn't turn out very well). He would get up on one end and run/jump across and jump off the other end onto the mats. He was having a ton of fun!
Last weekend we went up north to Grandma and Papa Meidam's place. This was Grant being goofy.
Then he got to work with Daddy and Papa out in the garage with "tools" on the snowmobiles. He had a blast! Look at that smile!
Our kids seem to love pushing themselves underneath Grandma's couch up north. Grant did the same thing at about the same age. We found Alayna here several times throughout the weekend - once we almost lost her under there (and she wasn't exactly happy about it).



Alayna is to the point where she is wanting to move and has figured out how to move herself backwards. She just pushes herself around, but is likely to eventually get stuck. She does get up on all 4s and tonight (10-31) I think she moved in slightly in the forward direction...but I wouldn't say it is yet a crawl. As of 10-29 (I think) she can go from laying on her belly to sitting on her own! WAY TO GO!
Grant was helping me make dinner one night and while adding shredded cheese to the top of the dish - we dropped some on the floor. As soon as he noticed he said "vacuum" and was immediately off to the living room to get his vacuum to clean up the mess. He tried and tried with all his might and then realized that a dust pan and broom would work much better.
Then we got to play in the leaves. Daddy raked a pile just for us to jump in!Awwww...let's make sure we keep this one for reference in years to come :)
Friday night we went to Flabbergast. It is a really fun place that has video games and even better - big jungle gyms and inflatable slides! We met some friends there to have some fun with the kiddos and they had a blast. Grant ran and bounced and climbed and went down lots of slides. Even better - it was free for us to get in b/c if they are under 2 there is no charge. Whew - just made that cut off :)

Maybe this week I will be better at the quick "cute updates"...but let's not hold our breath :)

No comments: