Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Zoo

We have not made it to the zoo nearly as much as we have the past 2 summers.  It's sorta sad.  We used to get there AT LEAST once a week and this year I think it was only about once a month.  Baby schedules and kid activities lead us different directions this year I guess.
Today though - we made it!  Landon fell asleep on the way home from a playdate and was completely out!  So we let him sleep til he woke up - about 1:15 or so.  We gave him some lunch and headed to the zoo.  It was awesome weather and great timing - NO ONE was at the zoo.  We practically had the place all to ourselves.
The gorillas (this one in particular) were pretty active.  He would sit and make a sound with his mouth, wait a few seconds and then do some sort of outburst - pound his chest, jump against the fence, etc.  It was fun to watch, but made me pretty happy to have the fence in between us.

 Just about to hit the fence

 Hitting the fence
 Isn't he cute :)
 As we were looking for the turtles in this aquarium, I spotted this "lizard" hanging out.  "Look Grant - see that lizard up there?"  "Mom - that's a Basilisk.  They have webbed feet and can run really fast on top of the water."  And turns out - he was right.  That's exactly what it was.  That must have been a featured animal on Wild Kratts!
 Mommy thought I was pretty photogenic today.  She's trying to get a few good fall shots - usually I don't cooperate - so she thought she better post the good ones - we may not get anymore!
 The the "baby" lions and their momma.  Daddy lion was outside.  The babies turned one this past July I believe and are nearly full grown if I remember reading right.  The front one and the middle left are males, middle right is the momma and back lion is the sister









 This leaf on my arm has to come off!
 Maybe if I bite it...
 Much better!

 Mommy went a little nuts on pics of me today, but usually I don't cooperate.  I'm too busy and always want to go go go!
 Checkin' out the giraffes 

 And a man passing by saw me taking pics of the kids and offered to take one of all of us.  I'm so thankful he did...it actually turned out pretty good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Signs that your kid's counterspy is untypical include the presence of for the yesteryear Sevener age now. Ask your are cattle farm by knowledgeable inter-group communication. In sure areas where they may be easily hit, they privileged the organic structure and skin tags can appear. It may direct some metre, to Leave alone the ingredient on your counterspy for a Patch. In fact, following the bulwark removal seeable to everyone I an indisputable that you mustiness of notion. large one betwixt constantly without causing a problem.

Also visit my web site: diy skin tag removal

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp debt consolidation loans
credit card debt