Monday, September 1, 2008

Camping

This weekend I had the pleasure of joining my mommy and daddy on their 7th Annual Whitewater Camping Reunion! It was a lot of fun. We got there later on Friday night than we had hoped because we ended up putting up our tent in the dark. It's a lot easier to do when there are two people to do it - but daddy was on his own. Mommy had to keep me entertained and feed me. I did pretty good on the trip. Sleeping was tough. I woke up twice every night to eat a little bit and it took mommy the first night to figure out we needed a thermos to keep the water warm enough for my bottles. It got down to about 50 degrees at night...I was dressed warm to sleep :)
The first day we waited for Adam and Becky to get here from Chicago...we went on a walk and in the afternoon we went to the pool. I liked swimming. Daddy even dunked me under! I did pretty good! The second night Seth and Lisa also joined us from Chicago - they brought an excellent dinner (but of course I didn't get to eat any of it).
The second day we went for a ride down the river. Daddy, mommy and I went in a canoe and everyone else went in tubes. It was a LONGGGG ride for everyone. The last time I wore my life jacket I didn't mind it - but this time I did. I had only had a 15-20 min nap that morning...mommy thought I would sleep in the canoe - but she was wrong! I stayed awake the whole trip and did NOT like my life jacket! To make the trip bareable for everyone mommy finally took the jacket off - I was much happier. I liked to watch everyone else over the side of the canoe. Daddy was stuck with all the movements of the canoe b/c mommy had to keep her hands on me.
Today we were the last ones cleaned up and ready to leave the campsite (from our group). Imagine that! :) We got home just after noon and then had the worst part - clean up!
It was a lot of fun and I got to hang out with mommy and daddy's college friends. They were a lot of fun and helped my parents out too.

This is how I slept at night - my summer jammies with socks, under my winter jammies, a sleep blanket and this hat that made me look like Santa.


How I played without getting too dirty - that's a bug net on the top so I didn't get any bites.

Swimming with Scott - Daddy is under the water - I was trying to get him.

Daddy feeding me in my booster that we used for the first time. It worked great!

The three of us after our canoe trip.Yes - when all was said and done we realized we had not taken one family picture at the camp site. By the time we realized this - the tents were down and everyone else was gone...so this is our empty camp site with Grant not looking at the camera :)

No comments: