Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Other Happenings

It seems times are crazy these days and posting is getting harder to do. I get something put up after a big event or something we've done - but not a lot with regular "Grant updates" as to what he is up to developmentally.
Last week I told you he was doing better at pulling himself up on things. This week I'd say he has it mastered. Monday night that was all he wanted to do - pull up on whatever he could! He's not cruising the furniture yet - but you can tell he is trying to figure out how to get from one toy to the next. He will make the turn and think about leaning, but then usually lets himself down and moves over to the next thing.
He's more vocal these days too. He started with "ba" a few months ago and from there went to "ya" and once in a great while would throw in a "pa". About 3 weeks ago he started saying "da" and finally last week "ma". Don't worry - I know he is not saying "ma" as in mommy - but whenever I would try to get him to say it - he would just smile at me and throw out a "ba". Last week when I was out of town for work - he started with the "ma" :)
Foods - we're still pretty much sticking to a lot of baby foods. I'm trying to try more solids as we go - but to be quite honest baby food is a lot easier at this point. The dr said it was still completely fine - so we are working slowly at incorporating more solids. So far he likes mozzarella cheese, Mandarin oranges, toast (loves toast), vanilla yogurt, cheerios and tonight he even tried a few noodles. It's hard b/c when he gets home from school it is time for him to eat dinner and at that point I haven't really even thought about what we are going to have for dinner yet. That makes it difficult to have him eat what we eat - but we're trying.
I also think we are finally teething. Grant will be 10 months old on Thursday and still has no teeth. Completely normal, but we've been thinking we're seeing signs of teething for about the past 5 months. Most of those times - it's lead to an ear infection - so let's hope that is not what this one is. For the past couple days he's been a tad bit fussy, not wanting his bottle, loving cold teethers, pulling at his ear, drooling a TON - way more than ever before, not sleeping well and everything - I mean everything - goes in his mouth. We'll see. I'm probably wrong again and the poor kid will be gumming his birthday cake :)
Sleeping - well - he slept through the night for about a week and a half about a month ago. Then he got a cold, then we took him camping (and expected him to sleep outside all night) and now we're back. Nights have been a bit rough. He cries out - we go in his room and he is tossing and turning and crying - but his little eyes are still closed. We're quite puzzled by this. We usually give him his nuk and go back to bed, but the same thing will happen again a little bit later. We're trying to fee him less and less each night to eventually eliminate the feeding he is used to again - so we'll see. Again - something else the dr said is ok as long as he doesn't have any teeth. Once he has teeth we will have to brush them before bed and then no more bottles until morning.
Well - that's about it I think. A little bit more of a developmental update. Grant loves you all and misses those of you he hasn't seen for a long time. We do too!

No comments: