Thursday, July 7, 2011

32 Weeks

Our 32 week ultrasound went well! Hooray! Baby is continuing to look good! Heart, brain, umbilical cord, placenta, fluids, 10 fingers and toes - all looking good :) At 32 weeks, Dr Pircon said the baby is about 4lbs 6oz. This is slightly bigger than both Grant and Alayna at about the same times. I do think this baby will be the biggest of them all - but I'm not betting on HUGE :) I'm thinking we will break 6lbs this time though.
After looking at everything Dr Pircon advised continuing 1 NST per week. Not that it is necissarily NEEDED, however will help with any anxieties and will also allow the drs/nurses to do other "easy" checks like blood pressure, baby's heart rate, etc to ensure all is well. He also said he didn't feel there needed to be any additional ultra sounds. That's great - that he thinks the baby is doing so well - although I will miss seeing our little one until the true entry into this world :)
After Dr Pircon left, we realized we didn't get any pictures of our little one this time. He was nice enough to come back to try to get one or two for us. It didn't go quite as planned. First, the baby wouldn't cooperate and was putting it's hand in front of it's face, etc. Then he did get one shot, printed the picture and the printer ran out of paper. So he had to refill the paper, ink, etc - back to printing the picture. The 2-D picture we got is OK and the 3D picture we got looks a little scary. The baby's face is fine, but there's a big circle on it's head that makes it look like there is a big hole in it's head. There's not (I made sure) :) but still - it looks goofy. So after all that - coming back, baby not cooperating, paper running out, etc...I'm sure he was glad that was our last visit :) HA!

No comments: