Monday, June 15, 2009

4 Months

I am 4 months old today! I had a pretty good day. Now that Mommy doesn't look at a calendar on a daily basis though - she almost missed that today was the 15th (she thought it was tomorrow!) What am I up to at 4 months? Well - so far I have already rolled from tummy to back. That happened about 2 weeks ago. I don't really remember how to do it though because I haven't done it since. I'm sure it will come back to me one of these days :) Mommy is working with me on sitting with support. I can do the Bumbo seat for a little while - maybe 5 mins or so, but the Boppy isn't working so well yet.

I haven't had my dr appt yet, but due to the rolls on my legs - we all think I'm growing quite nicely :) Not too big and not too small - but JUST RIGHT :) I'm nursing great - but not taking a bottle well. Mommy and Daddy don't try it a lot with me though - so it's not all my fault!
I got to ride in the swing on our new swing set tonight. It was a lot of fun and I loved it! Grant let me have my turn the whole time we were out there. He must have known it was a special day for me :)
Over the last couple days I started "talking" more. Its kinda fun and Mommy and Daddy think I'm so darn cute when I do it...I have to keep them entertained! I giggle lots with my Daddy and when I get kisses on my cheek I laugh too. Oh - that big brother of mine - he is pretty funny. Sometimes he scares me in the morning. If my door is not shut tight he stands right next to my crib and yells "HI". Then I cry. But when he talks to me other times - I smile and laugh. Has he always been this fun or am I just now starting to pay attention to him? Yeah - that's probably it.
I really grab tight on to things now (butterfly toy, mommy's shirt (sometimes her skin by accident -sorry Mommy), my star toy, burp rag, etc) and try to put all of them in my mouth. I'm a little drooling machine. The picture below doesn't show it, but a lot of times when I fall asleep on the floor or in my swing or bouncy I am sucking my thumb and have the opposite hand up by my head and holding whatever is there - a cushion, burp rag, etc
That's what is new with me. Please let me know what is new with you too! I will update you on my weight and height next week. Mommy's guess is 13lbs 8oz. We'll See!!!



No comments: